December 29, 2012

Happy Birthday, Q!

My baby girl turned three today. three. 3. tha-ree. seriously, where does time go?

If you haven't picked up on it, she's completely obsessed with all things princess/pink/dress-up. For example:


and 


and she loves hobby lobby, but that's a story for another day...


I guess I had it coming to me. As a kid, I was an insane girly-girl. Not that it's related, but I was also terribly obsessed with cats (probably definitely to an unhealthy extent). I'm hoping Q skips over that similarity... 


...seems unlikely

Anyway, I've come to embrace her inner princess and I actually have fun with it! I mean, check it out - you can't do these sorts of things with just anyone:


painting our nails...and toes...and feet...



Plain yellow pumpkin turned golden carriage*


dollhouse furniture made out of egg cartons*

So, it only made sense to throw Q a dress-up tea party at our local teahouse (which, I will fully admit, was the boy's original idea. Nice thinking, sweetie!) 

Does it get more adorable than this? If so, please don't let me know because I don't think I can handle it. Unless it has to do with baby kittens. I'm still a sucker. 


How awesome would it be if every princess could sport cat glasses like that? 




Pass the scones, please (said with a raised pinkie, of course)

Thanks for making me a mama, Q! It's been the absolute best three years of my life. Hands down, no question. Except maybe the year I got two cats might come close...


I LOVE YOU!!!

* I know I live in Boulder and all and it's expected of me to live up to the stereotype, but seriously, how awesome are my recycling skills??

No comments: