June 6, 2007

reason number 8,259 why i love colorado - the colorado breastfeeding task force. meghan found this flyer downtown (bless her soul). in case you're not one for reading fine print, or print in green clouds, i'd like to point out this phrase:

"come help set a national breastfeeding record for the most mom's breastfeeding at one time!!!!"

that's code for - thousands of exposed women and suckling children will be sitting in a park in downtown denver in broad daylight. i don't even know where to begin.

my other favorite part is this: "events for all ages." i'd probably rather not see any 80-year old ladies trying to breastfeed something, but maybe that's just me.

now don't get me wrong, i'm all for breastfeeding - but beyond getting a bunch of ogling teenage boys to gather in one area, I just can't see the point to this event. what's going to happen if they get over 1,000 women there? with one unified sucking sound will the world realign immediately stopping global warming, world hunger and teletubbies? that would be worthwhile

4 comments:

runninute said...

I have nipples. Can you milk me?

Frey said...

If this event prevents one child from developing into a teletubby because of formula than it's worth it. Thanks for publicizing it. I won't be able to attend, but I will take off my shirt at 11:15 in support. But I won't disclose my location - I don't want ogling either.

Chelsea said...

thanks frey! as long as it happens, i don't think it has to be public. even one person can make a difference!

also ryan, i'd rather not try...nothing personal, i just feel like it would hurt

n said...

i feel bad for the babies who arent hungry but feel all that pressure to eat.